Set up your online fundraising page
We recommend setting up your page as soon as possible. Our preferred platform is JustGiving as they charge 0% on platform fees for charities in the UK. Donors are able to make a voluntary contribution to support the platform’s operation instead.
Creating your page is quick and easy. Follow these simple steps to get going:
- Go to JustGiving and create your page – check out JustGiving’s guide to creating a page if you need any help
- Personalise your page to make it stand out from the crowd. Your fundraising page is like your own personal fundraising blog, so the more you make it your own, the more compelled people will feel to donate. Check out JustGiving’s guide to personalising your page if you need any help
- Write a short but sweet introduction on your page, as this is the first thing they will see, so make it engaging but snappy! Why not include examples of how your fundraising will make a lasting impact for rhinos
- Use email, social media and messaging apps to share the link to your page with your friends, family and colleagues to encourage them to donate. Find out more about how to promote your fundraising here
- Target your most generous supporters first as people tend to donate amounts based on what others have already given
- Use a personalised thank you email and ask your supporters to share your page with their friends and family
- Add a sentence about your fundraising and a link to your online fundraising page to your email signature if you use one
- Publicise your fundraising page in your company / community newsletter and notice boards
- Update your online fundraising page with progress from your fundraising activity and resend to your contacts
- After the event, update your page with photos from your activity and follow up with your supporters to thank them!
Everything you need to know about your JustGiving page can be found in their help section.