Gold Bond and Reserve Places Full!
The London Marathon is the world’s largest marathon run. On its famous 26.2 mile route, you’ll see the sights, soak up the atmosphere, and save rhinos.
It is our favourite day of the year at Save the Rhino. Not only do we get to see incredible supporters taking on an awesome challenge, but we get to meet you in person and thank you for making a difference for rhinos, not to mention see a few of our famous rhino costumes cross over London’s famous Tower Bridge!
Our gold bond places and reserve places for London Marathon 2022 are now full. We are now only accepting own place runners
On average our runners tend to raise around £2,000 – £2,500, this helps us to cover our costs of the place while maximising the funds for rhino conservation across our African and Asian field projects. Sometimes this seems like a daunting figure to raise, however, there are endless ways of fundraising from bake sales to corporate sponsorship and match funding and we’re here to support you every step of the way!
If you would like to apply for one of our charity places, please fill out the application form below. We’ll be in touch shortly after to let you know if you’ve got a place.
In the meantime make sure you apply for a London Marathon Ballot place, if you’re lucky enough to get your own place we’d love for you to still join the team, so let us know if you’re successful by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our support for you
On marathon day we have our staff and volunteers at the starting line ready to meet all of our fantastic team. In the afternoon we set up camp in St James’ Park and enjoy a picnic with you and all your family and friends. It’s your well-earned space to enjoy some treats and relax!
If you become a Rhino Runner, you’ll receive:
- A dry fit team T-shirt
- A rhino pin badge
- A pack to welcome you into the rhino runners team
- Regular, personal team emails with advice on fundraising and updates on our conservation work
- Full fundraising and training support
- An exclusive invite to the Rhino Runners Facebook group
- A team Strava group to track your own progress and see how the rest of the team are progressing
- A friendly pre-marathon team evening to meet the other runners and all of us at Save the Rhino before race day. Receive first-hand advice and hear about the fantastic work you are supporting
- A pre-race team gathering and warm-up
- A post-race party picnic with beers, snacks, sandwiches and sweet treats. Your supporters on the day are more than welcome to join too!
- Post-race massage to soothe your muscles after the race