Join the Rhino Runners!
The London Marathon is the world’s largest fundraising event. On the famous 26.2 mile route, you’ll see the sights, soak up the atmosphere… and help us to save precious rhinos!
It is our favourite day on the calendar. Not only do we get to see incredible supporters tackling an awesome challenge, but we get to meet you in person and thank you for making a difference to the world’s rhinos while seeing a few of our iconic rhino costumes cross over London’s famous Tower Bridge!
Registration for the London Marathon 2023 is now open. So don’t miss out; apply to run for rhinos today!
On average, our crash of runners typically raise around £2,000 – £2,500 each; this helps us to cover the costs of your place on the team, while also maximising the funds for rhino conservation. Sometimes this seems like a daunting figure to raise; however, there are endless ways of fundraising, from bake sales to corporate sponsorship and match funding, and we’re here to support you every step of the way!
If you would like to apply for one of our charity places, please fill out the application form below. We’ll be in touch shortly after to let you know if you’ve got a place.
Got your own place?
If you’re lucky enough to get your own place, we’d love for you to join the team, so let us know if you’ve been successful in the ballot, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our support for you
We’ll support you every step of the way so that you can make the most out of the London Marathon – for you and for rhinos! On marathon day itself, we have our herd of staff and volunteers at the start line, ready to wish you luck before you charge through London. And, in the afternoon, we set up camp in St James’ Park and enjoy a picnic with you and your family and friends. It’s your well-earned space to enjoy some treats and relax!
If you become a Rhino Runner, you’ll receive:
- A dry fit team t-shirt
- A rhino pin badge
- A pack to welcome you into the Rhino Runners team
- Regular, personal team emails with advice on fundraising and updates on our conservation work
- Full fundraising and training support
- An exclusive invite to the Rhino Runners Facebook group
- A team Strava group to track your own progress and see how the rest of the team is progressing
- A friendly pre-marathon team evening to meet the other runners and all of us at Save the Rhino before race day. Receive first-hand advice and hear about the fantastic work you are supporting
- A pre-event team gathering and warm-up
- A post-event party picnic with beers, snacks, sandwiches, and sweet treats. Your supporters on the day are, of course, more than welcome to join
- Post-race massage to soothe your muscles after the race
To apply for one of our charity places in the 2023 London Marathon on 23 April 2023, please use the form below. We will be in touch soon after.
If you have any questions about this or any other event, please get in touch with us via the form below.