Join the Rhino Runners!
The London Marathon is the world’s largest marathon run. On its famous 26.2 mile route, you’ll see the sights, soak up the atmosphere, and save Rhinos.
It is our favourite day of the year at Save the Rhino. Not only do we get to see incredible supporters taking on an awesome challenge, but we get to meet you in person and thank you for making a difference for rhinos, not to mention see a few of our famous rhino costumes cross over London’s famous Tower Bridge!
Registration for the London Marathon 2021 is now open. So don’t miss out, sign up to run for rhinos today!
On average our runners tend to raise around £2000 – £2500, this helps us to cover our costs of the place while maximising the funds for rhino conservation across our African and Asian field projects. Sometimes this seems like a daunting figure to raise, however there are endless ways of fundraising from bake sales to corporate sponsorship and match funding and we’re here to support you every step of the way!
If you would like to apply for one of our charity places, please fill out the registration form below. We’ll be in touch shortly after to let you know if you’ve got a place.
If you’ve been lucky enough to get your own place we’d love for you to use it to join Team Rhino. Email us at email@example.com if you would like to join the team.
Why join Team Rhino?
As part of our team, you’ll receive our support from the moment you sign up, all the way until after the race. On marathon day we have our staff and volunteers at the starting line ready to meet all of our fantastic team. In the afternoon we set up camp in St James’ Park and enjoy a picnic with you and all your family and friends. It’s your well-earned space to enjoy some treats and relax!
You will have the loudest cheerers on the day, fantastic fundraising and training support throughout and free Bliss running vest.
If you become a Rhino Runner, you’ll also receive:
- A Save the Rhino running t-shirt to wear with pride once when you reach £100 of fundraising
- A pack to welcome you into the rhino runners team
- Regular team emails with advice on fundraising and updates on our conservation work
- Online fundraising resources to help you get started and smash those targets
- Training and race advice from our experienced (running crazy!) team
- An exclusive invite to the Rhino Runners Facebook and WhatsApp groups
- A team Strava group to track your own progress and see how the rest of the team are progressing
- A friendly pre-marathon team evening to meet the other runners and all of us at Save the Rhino before race-day
- A pre-race team gathering and warm up
- A post-race party picnic with beers, snacks, sandwiches and sweet treats. Your supporters on the day are more than welcome to join too!