The Hackney Half is back in 2021 on Sunday, 26 September. Flush with vibrant street art and carnival sounds, this is could be the coolest half marathon in the UK.
Taking place in trendy East London borough of Hackney, the route will be similar to previous years. Expect a fast, flat tour of Hackney’s most natural spaces and landmarks, including the marshes, the Hackney Empire, Victoria Park and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
What about the pandemic?
Event organisers LimeLight Sports Club are working on plans to host the Hackney Half, in a ‘Covid-secure’ way. This may include a range of measures and alterations that could be in place at the event, including social distancing, staggered arrival times, pre-event health questionnaires and other safety precautions. The health and safety of everyone involved in the event will be their number one priority!
As we get closer to the event we will keep everyone regularly updated with all necessary information regarding any safety measures that might be in place. You can also follow updates for any LimeLight Sports Club event here.
Why join Team Rhino?
As part of our team, you’ll receive our support from the moment you sign up, all the way until after the race. We’ll also provide you with:
- A Save the Rhino running t-shirt to wear with pride once when you reach £100 of fundraising
- On-hand fundraising advice and support
- Training and race advice from our experienced (running crazy!) team
- Online fundraising resources to help you get started and smash those targets
- Free fundraising resources including cardboard collection boxes, stickers and balloons
- Regular updates on our conservation work and the impact of your fundraising
Find out more
Registration for the Hackney Half closes on the 02/09/21. So don’t miss out, sign up to run for rhinos today! To apply for one of our charity places, please fill out the registration form below. We will be in touch soon after.
If you’ve been lucky enough to get your own place we’d love for you to use it to join Team Rhino. Email us at email@example.com if you would like to join the team, or if have any enquiries. We will be happy to answer any questions!