Join the Rhino Riders!
Applications for Save the Rhino’s Riders 2023 team are now open. So don’t miss out, lead the charge, and apply to ride for rhinos today!
If you have a passion for cycling and would love to raise vital funds and awareness by doing something you enjoy, or by taking on a new challenge, then the Ride London-Essex 100 2023 is the challenge for you.
Ride London is not just one special day riding 100 miles on closed roads, but a journey as a partner in our mission to support rhinos in Africa and Asia.
About the event
From the start line on Victoria Embankment, the 2023 route will head out into the Essex countryside for a 65-mile loop, before returning to London for a spectacular finish. Ride London – Essex offers a unique opportunity to cycle on closed roads around iconic London landmarks and along some of South East England’s most picturesque city and country roads.
Our support for you
If you become a Rhino Rider, you’ll receive:
- An exclusive cycle jersey
- A rhino pin badge
- A pack to welcome you into the Rhino Riders team
- Regular team emails with advice on fundraising and updates on our conservation work
- Full fundraising and training support
- An exclusive invite to the Rhino Riders WhatsApp and Facebook groups
- A team Strava group to track your own progress and see how the rest of the team is progressing
- A friendly pre-race team evening to meet the other runners and all of us at Save the Rhino before race day. Receive first-hand advice and hear about the fantastic work you are supporting
- A pre-race team gathering and warm-up
On race day, our staff and volunteers will be at the starting line ready to meet you. In the afternoon, we set up camp near the finish line to enjoy a picnic with you and your family and friends. It’s your well-earned space and time to enjoy some treats and relax after 100 miles in the saddle.
On average our riders raise around £650 – £750, which contributes to our vision and mission to help all five rhino species thrive in the wild, by collaborating with partners to support endangered rhinos in Africa and Asia.
Sometimes this seems like a daunting figure to raise, however, there are endless ways of fundraising, from bake sales to corporate sponsorship and match funding, and we’re here to support you every step of the way!
If you have a question or would like to apply for one of our charity places, please fill out either of the forms below, and we’ll be in touch shortly.