Ride the Coast to Cape Town
10 days of glorious coastline and incredible roads
South Africa is a land of incredible contrast and beauty. It possesses a vast array of landscapes, from spectacular coastline to a verdant, mountainous interior – which offer some of the most varied and enjoyable cycling on the continent.
This route takes riders along the famous Garden Route, passing sweeping, deserted beaches and heading inland through vineyards, indigenous bush and forested mountain slopes. Finishing on the beach at Gordon’s Bay, with vistas across to Cape Peninsula and the Cape of Good Hope.
March trips offer the extra buzz of joining thousands of other cyclists on the Cape Town sportive* around the roads of the Cape Peninsula – an unforgettable way to end your ride! *(additional fees apply)
Registration & fundraising
The registration fee for this challenge is £499 per person. This will be payable on booking with Discover Adventure.
Participants can then choose from one of three options:
- Fundraising option. Participants commit to raise a certain amount which will cover all the trip costs and Save the Rhino donation. This will need to be raised 10 weeks before the event
- Part-payment option. Participants pay a proportion of the trip costs (8 weeks before the event) and commit to raise a further sum which will cover the remainder of their trip costs and Save the Rhino donation. This will need to be raised 10 weeks before the event
- Full payment option. Participants pay in full for the trip (8 weeks before the event) to cover the full cost of the tour and try to raise as much as possible for Save the Rhino!
Dates & Prices
6 October - 15 October 2017
4 March - 13 March 2018 - A chance to participate in the Cape Town Sportive
5 October - 14 October 2018
Click here to find out the latest prices and dates
Terms & Conditions
- All transport from London to Port Elizabeth / Cape Town return
- All meals except where specified, and accommodation
- Discover Adventure leaders; doctor with a group of 15 or more participants; local guides, mechanics and drivers
- Local support and back-up equipment
- Entry to National Park and any other sites included in the itinerary
- Supplement for sportive covers entry fee and all services provided by sportive organisers
- Four meals as specified in itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Bike: Rental can be arranged in-country and must be requested at least 3-4 months in advance (approx. R8,000-10,000) or bring your own bike (allow approx. £135-150 for airline bike carriage fees)
- Cycle helmet (compulsory and 2 water bottles)
- Personal spending money, souvenirs and drinks
- Tips for the local guides and support crew
- Inbound airport departure tax (no tax applied at the time of writing)
- Fees for any optional sites, attractions or activities
- Airline taxes: we cap these so that £250.00 is the maximum you will pay
- Any applicable surcharges as per Terms and Conditions
About Discover Adventure
Save the Rhino International is working in partnership with Discover Adventure for this challenge event. Discover Adventure have over 20 years' experience in operating adventure challenges worldwide and have recently been voted Best Small Escorted Adventure Company 2016! To discover more adventure click here!
When you register we will send you a fundraising information pack to help get you started, plus you can always drop us an email for more tips and ideas. If you raise £100 we will also send you a t-shirt to wear for your challenge!
Contact Claudia on email@example.com for more information